Scriptbloggers

Blogging about scripts

Google Pagerank Update

Finally it’s nice to see Google is updating the toolbar pagerank.

Yet, it’s not completely finished and the difference between different DCs can be seen which is the difference between the old value and the new one.

The result of this update for me wasn’t too disappointing ;)
Some of my site’s gained while some others lost! There are just a few of my websites kept the same Pagerank as before !

Anyway we all know that Google updates its Pagerank regularly and what happened recently is just a reflection of what Google already had on toolbar.

Here it goes:

• Scriptbloggers.com up_arrow.gif 4 (was 1)
  • html.sc up_arrow.gif 5 (was 0) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Blogsuit.org up_arrow.gif 3 (was 1)
  • httpforum.com up_arrow.gif 2 (was 1)
  • dnAve.com up_arrow.gif 3 (was 0)
  • liveproxies.com up_arrow.gif 3 (was 0)
  • pokerlingo.info up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • smileygen.com up_arrow.gif 3 (was 0)
  • soccer9.com up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • w3faq.com up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • vivagift.com up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • english-chinese-dictionary.com up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • blogescape.com up_arrow.gif 1 (was 0)
  • rebatesave.com up_arrow.gif 3 (was 0)
  • alliednetworkinc.com Down 3 (was 4)
  • BulgariaHitech.com Down 4 (was 5)
  • pacificdv.com Down 4 (was 5)

None of the ones which lost pagerank was unexpected. In fact I’m glad they lost only one point but regarding the other ones I’m really surprised and happy !

Who could have expected to see PokerLingo.info which I started Oct. 8th get a Pagerank or Html.sc get Pagerank 5 !!!!

There seems to be a value in the links I put on scriptbloggers ’cause most of them gained a value more than what I expected.

Now I know the reason why I find liveproxies.com, smileygen.com, html.sc, … in the first page for a lot of related search terms!

Now I think I’m really wasting my sites’ potential and should start using them in the best way I can.

Please note that I just checked all the Pageranks using digpagerank.com and I’m just hoping it’s not a bug or mistake ;)

9 comments

9 Comments so far

1. Jon November 8th, 2007 8:35 pm

I’ve heard a lot of people who say that page rank is no longer important. Do you have any thoughts on this? I guess I’m trying to understand what it all means.

2. soroush November 9th, 2007 6:41 am

Well it can be both right or wrong, depending on how you look at it.
    Pagerank by itself doesn’t mean anything but it is an overal result of many factors like link building which is a highly important factor in SEO.
    So Pagerank IS NOT important but link building IS and Pagerank is a result of an important factor SO it can be considered a fairly important factor.

3. Ultimate Language November 11th, 2007 6:46 am

The importance of Google Page Rank has been of concern as well as confusing to me. My website has not increased in rank even after a significant link building campaign. However, my ranking for my principal keywords has increased dramatically.

4. The Work From Home Mom November 12th, 2007 8:53 am

PageRank is a good measure of how effective your link building efforts have been. However in the overall scheme of things even though a lot of people have had their PR drop their traffic has remained the same. So in that respect PR doesn’t really mean a lot.

Tara.

5. tobe November 16th, 2007 4:26 am

Has the latest update finished or not?

6. conf November 16th, 2007 4:29 am

how long an update period will take?

7. Michael November 18th, 2007 1:50 am

I always suspected the Google Toolbar PR was a little off, and if anything, lower than it should be for many sites.

8. soroush November 28th, 2007 12:48 am

You should always consider other factors!
    Yes Pagerank is important but it’s so general !
    For sure a PR2 site which is optimized for keyword X will get better rank than a PR5 site optimized for keyword Y.

Tobe; As far as I know, yes it is.
    Conf; Nobody knows but you should keep in mind that the actual Pagerank gets updated regularly but you just can’t see it till toolbar gets updated.

Michael; That’s usually because Google doesn’t count some backlinks because of their quality OR sometimes it takes time to trust the link as “permanent”.

Cheers,
    Soroush

9. Frank Buss December 4th, 2007 4:10 am

At least you got a lot of ups, and the downs weren’t that bad. html.sc is a pretty cool name by the way… You should try selling some links using TLA orso