Scriptbloggers

Blogging about scripts

Affiliate marketing, Yes or No!

I know, I know, I know! You probably ask if there’s any question in it and 99% the answer is “YES” all in caps :)

I kept 1% reserved for me and people like me. Honestly that’s a hard question to be answered and a though decision to make!

From what I’ve seen so far, it’s one of the best ways to earn money online and there’s no limit ’cause practically there’s no limit in the products and services you can offer but it’s kinda far from being innovative, productive and what I consider being ME!

I’ve always been playing around for a long time looking at the ideas, unique services and helpful resources aiming to make my very own unique thing, either a product or service and so far I’ve done it so many times and it gives me such a great pleasure to see it works and people like it, but the fact is that I’m limited to a few services to offer while in affiliate marketing there’s barely a limit in most categories!

And when I want to expand the boundaries, situation gets worse, as it is now and I have to handle too many things at the same time which is not fun nor helpful.

Everytime I need a service which I can’t find a good one, I decide to start my own and that resulted in a two-page long incomplete project list which I have here.

So as usual I came to the same spot, affiliate marketing or my own business? Then if the answer is the second one, which project? And does it worth the time and effort?

I’ll give myself some time to find what I really want to do and which direction to choose.

8 comments

8 Comments so far

1. bum marketer February 19th, 2008 12:05 am

Let me be so bold as to offer some advice. You got some good ideas on the project list. Learn to outsource.

Hire somebody from a freelance board (like Scriptlance.com) to create the products. You create the sales page – or outsource that as well!

You are ALWAYS better off with your own product.

2. Affiliate Marketer March 3rd, 2008 7:46 am

affiliate marketing or my own business?

Ever thought about creating your own business WITH some (related) affiliate products right along side? That way, you benefit from both at the same time! Not everyone may be interested in your main (your own) product, but the side offer (affil product) may catch someones attention.

By the way, I found some good ideas, etc., at: http://www.AffiliateMarketingEmporium.com

3. Soli March 3rd, 2008 5:08 pm

I wonder how people like you go about the affiliate marketing thing, because it just doesn’t seem to do the magic for me.

4. Skype May 5th, 2008 1:29 am

I’m thinking like you. The money of afiliate programs(especially the “pills”) looks pretty good. But I blog for fun, and have no idea of pills… I want to create my own content that is useful to people, not just making people buy something that I tag as “best” and I’ve never tried.
    The money from adsense are funny in my country, but I prefer it than affiliate programs.

5. kim May 15th, 2008 10:26 am

I have always wanted to get into the whole affiliate marketing thing but am just to scared of being scammed/ripped off. I would like to put other products on my ART site, and get a % to sell them, kind of like a drop shipping deal i suppose. But how do i know if they are a good company to go with or not?

6. Ernesto June 7th, 2008 3:51 pm

A few of my friends have become successful on the field of internet/affiliate marketing. And it keeps me wondering how they are able to do it, when I myself have been struggling to keep my blogs even moderately successful. Nonetheless, it’s still one of my goals, which is to really engage successfully in affiliate marketing.

7. Tilers April 25th, 2010 10:38 pm

Even I wanted to create my own affiliate web. This article was really useful to me thank for sharing this great article .keep on sharing more informative posts.

8. suhaimi June 18th, 2010 7:12 am

Affiliate marketing is hard to be succesful. Take more time to study about it with succesful people to success..