Scriptbloggers

Blogging about scripts

A place to buy and sell articles for free

After getting ripped off several times and wasting hundreds of dollars, trying to find high quality unique articles, either for my websites or to submit to article directories, I came up with the idea of an Article Marketplace where article writers can put their articles for sale and make their own portfolio, selling unique pre-written articles, while building their reputation by a feedback system. Buyers should be able to see a sample part of the article and know who they are dealing with. They also need to be assured that they will receive the article after making the payment.

Well, all these thoughts and ideas led to my “state of the art” project, ArticleSale which is now open to public, 100% free for both buyers and sellers.

Nothing complicating! Writers, sign up with their PayPal email. They post the article, specify the price and category and the system automatically calculates the word-count, also takes care of the sales and the delivery of the article. It also generates the code for a button for the author to advertise the article elsewhere. When someone clicks on the purchase button, the system puts a hold on the article, so that nobody can buy it while someone else is in the process of the payment for it, then when the payment is done, it sends the article to the payers email address, notifies the seller and removes the article from the store.

Beside the article itself, there is a special link sent in the email to the buyer. That is the link, allowing the buyer to leave feedback for the seller. This way, after a while, the writers can gain more trust by referring people to their profile at ArticleSale as a reference.

comments and feedbacks will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Soroush

10 comments

10 Comments so far

1. kimmy February 16th, 2009 10:43 am

I love the idea of putting writings for sale like on e-bay. However, there might a downside to it like people will might take this an opportunity to steal ideas or have your original article rewrited. Before, you can sell your ideas, some people may use it and release a better version.

And don’t you think it will be harder for the purchaser to select articles? You know, knowing that most of them request articles that keyword based sometimes using their products?

2. Lorraine February 21st, 2009 1:10 pm

Hmm.. Article Marketplace seems like a very good idea. I think it will be a win-win situation for both writers and buyers. I understand that sometimes buyers get articles that are of very low quality.. but you see, writers get scammed too.. so i think your idea is really wonderful.

3. Marriott Timeshares February 28th, 2009 10:25 am

It sounds good. It is going to be a big opportunity for writter and buyers who are looking for good and unique content. Afterall “Content is the king”.

4. Amber March 21st, 2009 5:27 am

I guess, You have coded this theme, nice work, I have few projects for you (WordPress) Need to know how much you charge for creating a similar theme, I am not an article seller, but i will launch several other concepts related to programming and other stuffs.

Please email me with details of minimum rates for similar theme like this, i will send you the project documents, I have 3 in hand and want to start of one by one

Thanks!

5. compare credit cards May 20th, 2009 9:16 pm

“Content is KING!” This is a great site for people who don’t know how to make an article of their own.
    Great article. Be back to read more.

6. Melayu Boleh June 12th, 2009 6:21 am

Great info! its help me to find place to sell article and make money from it! keep it up bro!

7. Consumer Mailing Lists June 19th, 2009 5:23 pm

You’re right this is a great site, I have found some viable articles for my blog.

8. eCommerce Tips March 14th, 2010 9:04 pm

it would be useful to have the possibility to filter articles by authors’ rating

9. VPS Hosting March 16th, 2010 8:05 pm

It’s really good, anyone can get Articles easily and can earn good.

10. Ashville August 10th, 2010 4:10 pm

Great ideas but I don’t really like paid DIR. But Good relevant original Articles i will say I will pay for it!