Scriptbloggers

Blogging about scripts

Press Release through Free-Press-Release.com

It’s a shame that I’ve been working as an SEO consultant and I’ve never used any kind of Press Release for my own websites. I always preferred to do article submissions as opposed to PR and the reason was I never wanted to spend money on it but sooner or later I had to give it a try so finally yesterday, I did it.

As the first experiment, I chose Free-Press-Release.com to publish and distribute my Press Release.

Well, the domain name says “Free” and you can choose to publish it for free but if you want to get real results you have to bid on your placement which caused me to spend a good amount of money on it.

Now, it’s close to 24 hours my PR page is up there but it hasn’t been indexed by Google which makes me thinking I did my first mistake by choosing the wrong publisher.

For now, I don’t want to post a link to my press release here, not to boost its indexing process and keep it on its own so that I can have a pure natural experience.

I’ll keep here updated so that others without PR experience won’t do the same mistake as mine.

Cheers,

Soroush

UPDATE (March 5, 2009): After more than 36 hours, my post still hasn’t been picked up by Google which isn’t a good sign. Looks like spammers are faster than Google and they’ve already picked up my email address and started spamming it.

Anyways, I’ve scheduled the same PR to be distributed on PRWeb tomorrow. Hopefully that one shows better results.
UPDATE (March 7, 2009): Today, after more than 3 days, finally the PR submitted to Free-Press-Release was indexed and showed up in Google. The one submitted to PRWeb showed up in Yahoo news within 4 hour. Now it’s obvious to me which one was a better investment.

43 comments

43 Comments so far

1. seaqrconsultant March 5th, 2009 6:10 pm

Good thought in choosing a free press release.com.We are very thankful for sharing such a great information.

2. docran March 6th, 2009 2:58 am

Wow, I don`t know if they can do that spammers could cause this

3. Seo Company March 18th, 2009 1:22 pm

Google or any search engine identify easily spammers, So don’t vary about that.

4. Rentals in Sarasota Florida March 19th, 2009 1:28 am

Can you give an update as to the current status? Sometimes it is important to be timely, yes, but the staying power is also relevant. How long did it take for PRWeb.com to get indexed with Google and which release seems to rank higher on the various search engines?

Basically, after a few days, you were more inclined to one, how do you feel after 2 weeks?

5. Poweram April 8th, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks. Really a great tips from you on press release.

6. California bails June 10th, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Interesting. Can we get the huge traffic from press release once we submit our articles ?

7. soroush June 12th, 2009 7:04 pm

California bails;
    I won’t say you can get huge traffic but you using a press release you’ll have a chance to let your presence known :)

One thing I noticed was that I didn’t get much traffic from the press releases “themeselves” BUT I got a lot of results indirectly.

For example, some fairly popular guy who read my PR, found it interesting and twitted about it. That little link on his twitter account drove more traffic to my site than combination of both PRs directly but at the end of the day this wouldn’t happen if I didn’t do the press release so I should give it credit.

8. Software outsourcing company June 14th, 2009 4:25 pm

I would recommend another site newdesignworld.com/press/

9. haberler June 16th, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks. Really a great tips from you on press release.

10. Gusti June 22nd, 2009 2:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. I have learn a lots from it.

11. warrichpk July 11th, 2009 8:55 pm

12. soroush July 15th, 2009 9:29 pm

Warrichpk, I would highly advise against spending money on free-press-release! I believe it was totally waste of money.

13. Think Twice July 22nd, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for this – I was dubious of free-press-release, but this cements for me that it’s not worth a try.

I’ll try and give PRWeb a go, though, unless you’ve got an update on how you got on? :)

14. Custom Website Design August 27th, 2009 12:18 pm

it’s such as great information about press release thanks lot bro

15. Jerry @ vintage wedding dress August 27th, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks for sharing your great, valuable, useful, helpful experience with all of us.

16. online backup September 19th, 2009 8:58 am

It’s nice to read your post,press release are one important part of SEO.

17. Jonathan Steele of Speechmastery.com September 22nd, 2009 1:28 pm

I have used both PR sites. Only thing, I did not pay for the first. I did for the second.

The real value for a press release is getting in front of the news paper article or magazine that picks up your story and runs with it. Even better, some have called asking for quotes and information since they view me as an expert.

If your going to pay for a PR site, there should be some sort of grading of your press release. Otherwise, it is buyer beware. Many sites will be happy to take your money. The ones that take your money and help you have success are the sites you want to work with.

18. Sam suntouch October 19th, 2009 1:20 pm

Hey i frequently use Free-Press-Release site. Its best way promote a website who is first going start business with press release.

19. Bioidentical Hormone doctors November 24th, 2009 11:16 am

Hey thanks for sharing information about press release. I am planning to have new blog site for my business and thought having press release for that site. You educated me about Free-Press-Release.com and it merits and de-merits. But, after paying money to them it must be indexed in Google so that it makes some sense for payment.

20. commercial fire alarm November 25th, 2009 11:28 am

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about dealing with press release. I am planning to do press release for my site so, I thought making some ground work and landed up here. Any way thanks once again.

21. ski resort November 25th, 2009 3:41 pm

Hey that’s really sad to hear that but my choice would be to publish and distribute the Press Release. Instead of going for paid service we need to go for free so that we can whether we are getting any benefits or not. I would really try for free PR services.

22. endocrinologist doctor November 25th, 2009 4:58 pm

Free Press Release sites are the best way to promote our sites and I always do that for twice in a month.

23. suntouch heating November 25th, 2009 6:06 pm

Rather than going for paid services I would recommend for free PR service. We can go for paid option but when we get confident that yes now we can do that then only we need to go for paid service.

24. plumber in November 26th, 2009 10:17 am

You made good choice by selecting Free-Press-Release.com. I think it is worth for using it to do free and paid press release.

25. Security Systems November 26th, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey Thanks for posting your familiarity with Free-Press-Release.com. It helped me to learn about press release and its pros and cons.

26. varicose vein removal surgery November 26th, 2009 5:51 pm

Free press release sites are very popular and we have many of the websites where in we can publish our articles.

27. garage storage cabinets November 26th, 2009 6:26 pm

If you want to publish your site then we need to post it in free PR sites only. Don’t go for paid ones.

28. Alarm Services installation November 27th, 2009 10:21 am

Till I read this article I was thing that we can publish our websites only in paid PR-sites. I proved wrong here. Anyway thanks for sharing the information.

29. chronic fatigue doctors November 30th, 2009 11:36 am

I think it will take time to get indexed in the Google after submission of the press release. We must be patient after submitting press release either through paid or free PR site.

30. nuheat radiant heat December 1st, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for the tips about free press release.com.I believe it is the best way to go with online advertising before launch of the company.

31. chronic fatigue doctors December 1st, 2009 2:47 pm

I already know all this about free press release.com .Looking for ome thing new about press releases. Thanks again.

32. chiropractors white plains December 12th, 2009 11:01 am

awesome. I thought you had to pay for pr too!

33. webmatrix December 31st, 2009 6:48 am

Good though……

34. blogging for profit January 8th, 2010 5:12 pm

I already know about free press release.com. I think its is nice way to go online advertising. basically a great tips from you on press release. Thanks for your valuable
    sharing. I think it is valuable, useful, helpful experience with all of us.

35. mobile phones January 20th, 2010 4:47 pm

thanks for this,i was looking for a good press release over the web :)

36. Backwater resorts Kerala March 5th, 2010 10:54 am

I have tried it many times and found it useful for my works.

37. halil March 13th, 2010 10:38 am

38. kids quran April 20th, 2010 6:52 am

Thanks for the tips about free press release.com.

39. Xavier Watson June 28th, 2010 7:28 am

Article Submissions is quite tiring sometimes because of the effort that you have to put in it.`,:

40. Link Building Services June 28th, 2010 8:49 am

Free press release (dot) com is one of the popular best PR site. I have distributed so many PR on that site and I really find some great results through it.

41. Web Hosting Affiliates August 30th, 2010 5:14 pm

Press release is one of an effective way to bring traffic, and there are less websites which accepts press releases for free. thanx for the info.

42. Online Ups September 17th, 2010 9:55 am

I was thing that we can publish our websites only in paid PR-sites

43. tuneup2011 October 18th, 2010 7:21 am